There are abundant metaphors all around us (including transportation gizmology) that our Inner Kindness Teacher can use to help us mindfully keep on course in our forgiveness classroom. This workshop will explore some of these, using lots of visual symbols and familiar indicators, as well as numerous Course references. 🙂
Workshop highlights/topics covered:
- Our Unconscious Mind’s Classroom as a Windshield/Dashboard/Console View of the dream
- Helpful reminders to assist in putting feedback in a right-minded perspective
- Turning the Tables on Ego’s Interpretations – Using Our Inner Kindness Teacher’s Translations
- Mindfully deciding against self-judgment (which includes judging ‘others’); HS: Kindly GPS
- Utilizing All Indicators/Feedback/Symbols/Metaphors as Thought System/Course Correction help
- The Windshield (Outer Shield of Oblivion) of physical form/propaganda
- Ego’s Default Dashboard (Inner Shield of Oblivion) of victimhood/guilt/blame/sin/fear
- Looking with Inclusion/Shared Interests to Bypass Ego’s Polarizing Feedback filtering/distortion
- Choosing against the insanity of conflicting destinations; remembering the home we never left
- Revealing the Master Switch; Overcoming our Resistance to Unchanging Love/Perfect Peace
Workshop Description: In addition to the topics noted above, the workshop will provide related quotes from ACIM, along with amusing audio-visual memory aids to remind us to not take our journey through the dream quite so seriously, a.k.a. smiling gently at ego’s mis-interpretation more and more frequently.
After-class printed workshop handouts will allow for introspective journaling of one’s personal (special) mental experiences/situations/values/investments to ‘peel off the tape’ covering ego’s dashboard ‘idiot lights’, helping us see that the alarming indicators we were previously afraid to look at disappear in the light of gentle examination with our Inner Kindness Teacher a.k.a Holy Spirit.
Workshop Title: Navigating the Dream with Forgiveness: Our Inner Kindness Teacher’s Dashboard Translations
Facilitator: Bruce Rawles
Date: Sunday, August 9, 2015
Time: 1-4 PM
Location: Rocky Mountain Miracle Center Library
Contact Bruce to register or for more details.
About Bruce Rawles
In the mid-1980s, Bruce began reading A Course In Miracles while studying and exploring metaphysics, finding the depth of it’s poetic calling beyond anything he had ever known. After a few years of study and then wandering off, knowing that he would one day return, Gary Renard’s work abruptly catalyzed his resumed study of ACIM in 2007. Ever since Bruce has been involved in study groups, both in person and online, as well as renewed enthusiasm for the work of Kenneth Wapnick. He currently is involved in weekly study groups in Castle Rock, CO, and Medford, OR (via online video conferencing), as well as weekly sharings about ACIM on ACIM Gather, and monthly conversations (video and audio) with a variety of ACIM teachers/students and metaphysical explorers. His third (forthcoming) book will be an expanded exploration of the topics covered in this workshop. He is the editor of ACIMblog.com and has designed and maintains several websites devoted to ACIM… including this one! 🙂
Here is a printable flyer (pdf format) for this workshop.